My Little Black Bag purchase finally came in! I am extremely happy with what I finally received. I spent $58.41 with shipping and everything else.
HOW LITTLE BLACK BAG WORKS
Before I explain what I got, I should explain how the site works. You go to this site and find an item that you want to buy. FIrst time members get 25% off. Once you purchase this item, 2 extra items are randomly generated into your bag for “free”. For example, when I purchased my bag I got a bracelet worth $24 retail and a necklace worth $16 retail. Once you have purchased your item, you have 7 days to trade your items. Or, if you choose, you could just go straight to checkout from here, but where’s the fun in that? :p
You can offer any of your items for trade for any other items trading on the site (which most of them are). You can offer your item/s up for anything on the site, but generally it’s a good idea to not go $10 above the retail price you are trading for your item. There is no limit to the number of times you trade or how much stuff you can get by trading. If somebody is willing to trade a $60 retail purse with you for your $45 retail wallet, it can be done. You can also get what are called “doubles” which is where somebody offers up 2 items for your one item. This is how I got more items in my bag than the original 3, and why you see some people with 10 items in their bags.
One word of warning though: This site is addictive. You could spend all day and all night trying to trade, and because most of the best deals occur late at night or early in the morning, you could really be on the computer forever. :p
My last day of trading was probably my best. I was literally trading until the clock stopped. I was actually kind of relieved when it was done and ended up happy with what I had ended up with
1. Before you decide to buy an item, think about whether or not you plan on trading the item that you are buying. I bought my London Fog Satchel with zero intention of trading it, so that was, essentially, one less potential item that i could “trade up” for multiples, or for higher retail value. I had people offering me 6 individual items for that one bag. If I was willing to trade that purse, I could’ve potentially ended up with 2 or 3 handbags as apposed to one. So, if you just want to have fun with trading, buy something that is very popular on the site and that you would be willing to trade. If you buy the right item, you will be getting offers on that main item for $40 - $50 above retail in some cases. To see what is trading well, go to the website and click on the tab that says “News”. This tab will show you what kind of trades have been made throughout the day (or week if you go far enough). Make a note of the items that are getting ridiculous trades. This may be what I do next time.
2. The other tip I have is to place a ton of trade offers, and always bid on higher retail priced items. The more you offers you make, the more likely it is that it will be accepted. Generally, it is a good idea to always trade up in the beginning. There are certain items that you may be okay “trading down” for, but they have to be popular items. For example, Bindy’s and jewelry stands were getting offers above those items retail price, so I would’ve had no problem trading down from an ugly and unpopular $26 earring set down to a $24 Bindy - because I would have better luck placing my Bindy up for trade with a $28 necklace. Keep an eye out for “sale items” on the site, though. Some of those items will be hard to trade despite their high “retail” value.
3. Another tip I have - and something that I did when I was trading the first few days was to just start trading up. I traded up regardless of whether or not I liked the item that I was trading for. Generally, I just looked at how many “loves” it got on the site, and focused my trading on the items that looked popular. My plan was to trade up as high as I could get and then whenever my time was coming up to end trading, I could easily trade my $35 retail item for a $24 bracelet or ring that I really loved. On days 5, 6, and 7 I started trading more conservatively and started trading only for things that I would’ve been okay with coming home to me.
4. My last tip - If you want your box to come home filled with a ton of stuff, or a bunch of handbags you will want to trade for multiples. In my case, I had a $35 retail necklace. Somebody offered me 3 items. I took this trade because the potential of being able to trade up 3 items as opposed to just one was a lot better. This gives you more items to combo with for a handbag or wallet if this is what you are looking for. Just be careful when accepting multiples. Sometimes, the items you receive in these multiples will be hard to trade - One of the items I got in that multiple trade was a cheap hair dye. In order to trade it up, I needed to add it into a multiple for an item, which was okay.
Alright - so here is what I ended up with! Like I said, this was a result of hours of trading. According to the site, my $58.41 haul retails at $208.
So, apparently, all of my final trades ended up being Purple, which is - I think - Just a huge coincidence… Although my favorite color is purple, so maybe it’s not. :) In my final bag, I received:
- London Fog Knightsbridge Satchel - $135 retail
- NuMe Hydro Punch Shampoo - Sample
- Pandora’s Makeup Box Amethyst Eyeshadow - $18 retail
- Deux Lux Resort Glitter Coin Pouch - $31 retail
- Lydell NYC Wings Cuff - $24 retail
I’ll start with the small stuff and work my way to the bag.
First off is the Nume Shampoo. It was a freebie when I was opening my bag and was the only thing that I couldn’t trade. It smells pretty good. I’ll use it. :)
The next item that I received was this Pandora’s Makeup Eyeshadow in the color Amethyst. It was packaged really cute. I actually received this trade at the very last minute. I think I got it 5 minutes before my bag was going to end. I put it up for trade for some more neutral colors, but it didn’t get scooped up in time. The color is pretty, and you get a LOT of product in the container, but it’s a teeny bit powdery. The color looks nice, though. You can see the swatch below.
The next item that I ended up with was something that I had my eye on from the first day. It was this Lydell NYC Wings Cuff. It wasn’t packaged as cute as the eyeshadow or the bag, but the bracelet is really cute to wear. The only little complaint I have is that the bangle gets turned around pretty easily on my wrist so that the wings end up around the inner portion of my wrist. It’s really pretty, though.
I was pretty excited about this item as well - It’s the Deux Lux Coin Pouch. It came in this really cute dust bag - I have never heard of coin pouches coming with dust bags! Needless to say, I am pretty much sold on the Deux Lux brand. I need to get a Deux Lux wallet in my next LBB! :p
This coin pouch is so crazy - sparkly and pretty.
The Zipper Pull and Key ring are also really cute.
The lining and label are really nice as well, and the contrasting zipper is really cute. This is a high quality Coin Pouch.
I saved the best for last. This is the item that I originally bought. I hung onto this item the whole time, and I’m glad I did because it is really nice. It is fairly large and looks way more expensive than it actually was. It has two handles as well as a long strap. so that you can wear it on your shoulder.
I also have the option of wearing this bog cross-body as well since the strap is adjustable which is really good in case I need to travel.
Here’s a close up of the logo.
The inside of the bag is pretty spacious.
It also has this handy little section on the bag of the bag for more storage.
Okay! Well, that’s basically everything I got! Lily was very happy with her new box. I had to pull all the stuffing out of it so she didn’t eat it… She has this weird habit of eating paper, string, and things like that.
Overall, I am very happy with my first Little Black Bag experience. It was exhausting, but I feel like I got a lot of nice stuff, and next time I do it, I know it will be even better. If you would like 25% off your first purchase with Little Black bag, follow this link. I hope you have as much fun with it as I did! :) Have a nice weekend.